Supplementary Information for
Buganim Y, Itskovich E, Hu YC, Cheng AW, Ganz K, Sarkar S, Fu D, Welstead G, Page DC, Jaenisch R.
Direct reprogramming of fibroblasts into embryonic Sertoli-like cells by defined factors.
Cell Stem Cell 11, 373 (2012)
- Figure S1 Endogenous immature Sertoli cells and Sertoli cell line during prolong culturing lose their epithelial morphology and show dramatic reduction in the levels of several key immature Sertoli markers.
- Figure S2 Nr5a1,Wt1 and Dmrt1 promote MET,proliferation and upregulate Sox9 expression.
- Figure S3 Proper levels of transgenes are crucial for the induction of ieSCs.
- Figure S4 eSCs upregulate epithelial markers and express several embryonic Sertoli cell markers in the absence of dox.
- Figure S5 ieSCs recruit endothelial cells.
- Figure S6 ieSCs can form hollow spheres independently of dox.
- Figure S7 eSCs incorporate into the testicular cords in gonad culture and attract large blood vessels.
- Movie S1 MEF Motility in Serum-Free Medium for 24 hr. Related to Figure 3.
- Movie S2 MEF Motility after 24 hr of Serum Starvation Followed by 24 hr of Serum Stimulation. Related to Figure 3.
- Movie S3 ieSC Motility in Serum-Free Medium for 24 hr. Related to Figure 3.
- Movie S4 ieSC Motility after 24 hr of Serum Starvation Followed by 24 hr of Serum Stimulation. Related to Figure 3.
- Movie S5 ieSCs Can Migrate from the Injected Spot and Incorporate in the Testicular Cords. H2b-GFP-ieSC spheres were injected into Pou5f1-eGFP 12.5 dpc XY gonads, cultured for 4 days with doxycycline, fixed, stained for Sox9 (red) and Ddx4 (Vasa, blue), and imaged with confocal microscopy. Consecutive scans are visualized with interval of 0.5 Ám. Related to Figure 7.