Supplementary Information for
Tsutomu Endo, Elizaveta Freinkman, Dirk G. de Rooij, and David C. Page
Periodic production of retinoic acid by meiotic and somatic cells coordinates four transitions in mouse spermatogenesisPNAS 114, E10132 (2017)
- Supporting Information Includes:
- SI Materials and Methods
- Figure S1: Overview of mouse spermatogenesis.
- Figure S2: RA injection induces, and WIN18,446 injection inhibits, the release of spermatozoa.
- Figure S3: RA promotes initiation of spermatid elongation but not meiotic progression.
- Figure S4: RA has no discernible effect on meiotic progression.
- Figure S5: RA concentrations change periodicallyin stage-synchronized testes of WIN18,446/RA-injected young males.
- Figure S6: Depletion of pachytene spermatocytes reduces RA concentration in testes.
- Figure S7: Depletion of pachytene spermatocytes has no effect onStra8mRNA expression.
- Figure S8: RA from pachytene spermatocytes is required for postmeiotic but not for premeiotic transitions.