Supplementary Information for
Dokshin GA, Baltus AE, Eppig JJ, Page DC.
Oocyte differentiation is genetically dissociable from meiosis in mice.
Nature Genetics 45, 877 (2013)
- Figure S1 Stra8 is required for meiotic initiation in ovarian germ cellson C57BL/6 inbred background employed throughout this study.
- Figure S2 Stra8-deficient ovaries are depleted of germ cells by sixweeks of age.
- Figure S3 Stra8-deficient ovarian germ cells survive postnatally.
- Figure S4 In Stra8-deficient ovaries, germ cells grow and differentiate during first postnatal week.
- Figure S5 Stra8-deficientoocyte-like cells form polar bodies upon ovulation.
- Figure S6 Some Stra8-deficient oocyte-like cells exhibit spindle assembly defects resulting from absence of meiotic prophase.
- Figure S7 Stra8-deficient oocyte-like cells contain significantly less DNA than wild-type oocytes at GV stage.